Please select from the menu above
Hospital Intensive Care Unit:
A place that:
- Is a specifically designated area of the hospital called an intensive care unit that provides the highest level of medical care and is restricted to patients who are critically ill or injured and who require intensive comprehensive observation and care;
- Is separate and apart from the surgical recovery room and from rooms, beds and wards customarily used for patient confinement;
- Is permanently equipped with special lifesaving equipment for the care of the critically ill or injured;
- Is under constant and continuous observation by a specially trained nursing staff assigned exclusively to the intensive care unit on a twenty four hour basis; and
- Has a doctor assigned to the intensive care unit on a full-time basis.