Please select from the menu above
Date of Diagnosis
The date of diagnosis is:
- For Cancer and/or Carcinoma in Situ – the day the tissue specimen, blood samples and/or titer(s) are taken on which the diagnosis of cancer or carcinoma in situ is based.
- For Heart Attack – the date that the death (infarction) of a portion of the heart muscle occurred based on the criteria listed under Heart Attack definition.
- For Stroke – the date a stroke occurred based on documented neurological deficits and neuro-imaging studies.
- For end stage Renal Failure – the date that your doctor or physician recommends that you begin renal dialysis.
- For Major Organ Transplant Surgery or Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery – the date the surgery occurs for covered transplants or covered coronary artery bypass surgery.